Canon Compact RF Lenses for R series Cameras just took a great boost with the introduction of two new lenses produced by Canon available in December 2020.
The Canon RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM lens is ideal for all photography enthusiasts ranging from advanced amateur to professional skill levels. The compact and lightweight nature of the lens makes it Canon’s shortest and lightest 70-200mm F4 zoom lens to date. This RF lens is approximately 32 percent shorter and 11 percent lighter than its EF counterpart with a large portion of the lens element arrangement closer to the camera body. This arrangement is designed to provide photographers with a much more balanced feel and experience even at the zoom range’s telephoto end. The shorter and lighter design allows the lens to more easily be stowed away in a camera bag when not in use.
Creative photographers love using a 50mm lens because that focal length is very similar to the natural viewpoint of the human field of vision. This perspective allows for the lens to be used in a wide variety of shooting situations, including portraits, landscapes and studio close up photography. Additionally, Canon 50mm f/1.8 lenses have long been a popular tool for both photographers and graphics designers due to their budget-friendly pricing, extremely compact and lightweight manufacturing, and versatility.
Canon Compact RF 70-200mm F4 L IS USM Lens Key Features
- 16 lens elements in 11 groups, including four UD lenses, helping to reduce chromatic aberration
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5 Stops of shake correction
- Up to 7.5 stops of shake correction with coordinated control of Optical Image Stabilizer and In-Body Image Stabilizer
- Three stabilizer modes
- Customizable control ring that allows photographers to adjust exposure compensation, shutter speed, aperture, or ISO
- 12-pin communication system
- L-Series dust and weather-resistant build with a fluorine coating
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.97 feet and a maximum magnification of 0.28x
- Air Sphere Coating (ASC) that helps minimize lens flare and ghosting
Canon Compact RF 50mm F1.8 STM Lens Key Features
• STM Motor
• Wide f/1.8 aperture
• Aspheric lens element
• RF mount
• Super Spectra Coating
• Focus / lens control ring
Compact travelling lenses
Lightweight and compact, the RF 70-200mm F4L IS USM weighs just 695 grams and measures 11.9cm long. With a reduction of an incredible 32 per cent in comparison to its EF counterpart, it’s the ideal companion for on-the-go travel photographers and should become a permanent fixture in your gadget bag. Even at its fully extended length, the RF 70-200mm F4L IS USM is exceptionally portable for a f/4 telephoto zoom lens. Featuring a reversible hood which sits neatly on top of the lens body, enabling photographers to store tidily between shooting scenarios. The RF 50mm F1.8 STM shares the objective of being compact, measuring smaller in size than the EF version and Mount Adapter combined. Like others in the Canon compact RF line-up, these lenses give photographers and videographers enhanced shooting capabilities with a gadget bag that is much lighter than normal.